THE COOKIE ACT
There is a new law since June 1, 2012, the Dutch Telecom law. This makes any website legally obliged to inform the user about 'cookies' and to ask permission for their use.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies collect information that is necessary for the proper functioning of a web site. Cookies at Firepit-online.com are safe. They cannot collect personal information and are safe for your PC, laptop, phone or tablet. More information about privacy and security at Firepit-online.com can be found here.
WHY ARE COOKIES THERE?
Cookies ensure that:
- You stay logged in and can shop undisturbed;
- items stay in your shopping cart;
- You shop safely at Firepit-online.com;
- You can read and write reviews and view videos;
- The website is fast;
- errors on the website can be detected;
- improvements can be tested;
- personal advice is possible on the basis of previously purchased and/or viewed articles;
- you can share products via social media such as Facebook and Google.
HOW LONG DO COOKIES STAY?
Most cookies at Firepit-online.com disappear if you close the browser. Some cookies remain for several days to several years. You can remove them at any time via your browser.
DELETE OR DISABLE COOKIES
You can always remove or stop cookies yourself via your browser settings. An explanation about how to change your cookie settings can be found under Help in most browsers. Please note that most web sites do not work optimally if you disable cookies.
Cookies can never be used to read private information from your computer or to intercept passwords. Also, they can not infect a computer with a virus or trojan. They are completely safe and have been used since the 90's without problems on virtually all websites in the world.